Policy Research, Inc. is announcing a new grant program for GRADUATE STUDENTS: Analyzing Relationships Between Disability, Rehabilitation and Work (ARDRAW), Small Grant Program for Graduate-Level Research ($10,000 stipend). Applications are due Thursday, March 2nd! See attachment for more info.
Become a moderator for one of our 7 scientific oral sessions, 2 of which are collaborative sessions, at the 2016 APHA Annual Meeting & Expo. Please click on or copy and paste the following link to sign up to be a moderator: https://apha.confex.com/apha/144am/ch/cfv.cgi
Deadline to apply is August 12, 2016, 11:59pm Pacific.
Our call to fill three leadership positions within the Caucus on Homelessness is now open until July 31, 2016 11:59pm Pacific. Email our Chair, Ben King at BTKing@seton.org, and Chair-elect Dr. Jack Tsai at Jack.Tsai@yale.edu to inquire for more details. The positions available include:
- Membership Chair
- Social Media and Networking Chair
- Student Liaison
The fundamental requirements for each of the roles are outlined below:
- Primarily responsible for recruitment of new members into the Caucus throughout the year, including at the APHA annual meeting
- Collects and tracks membership survey responses, including facilitation of members interested in getting involved with caucus activities
- Orients new members about the Caucus and updates membership about ongoing activities and events
- Reports membership lists annually, via the Caucus Chair and Caucus Collaborative representative to APHA staff
Social Media and Networking Chair
- Works closely with the membership chair
- Manages the website content posts
- Manages content on the Caucus’s Facebook page
- Explores new ways to network and develop social media presence
- Coordinates social activities planning for the annual meeting
- Attends both Caucus and APHA Student Assembly meetings and functions
- Maintains communication line between Caucus and APHA Student Assembly
- Coordinates and assists the Caucus mentorship program
If you have not submitted an abstract to the Caucus on Homelessness for the 2016 Annual APHA Meeting & Expo in Denver, CO, you are in luck! We are extending the deadline to Friday, March 4, 2016. Start your submission here.
AHPA hosted a webinar sharing tips for writing a successful abstract. Check out the links below for recordings of the presentations. View the PowerPoint presentation here.
1. General Abstract Information
Jenevieve (Jenn) Kincaid, MD, MPH(c), MM(c), RN/BSN, BMus.
2. Abstract Themes
Ozlem Ersin, PhD, MEd, MBA
Medical Care Program Chair & Governing Councilor
3. Successful Submissions
Alicia M. Thompson, MSW
Health Administration Section Councilor
4. What are Reviewers Looking For?
Michelle S. Williams, PhD, MPH, CHES
Women’s Caucus Program Planning Co-Chair
Call for Reviewers – Deadline January 29, 2016, 11:59pm (PT)
The Call for Abstract Reviewers is now open for APHA’s 2016 Annual Meeting & Expo. We are opening the Call for Abstract Reviewers to the entire Caucus membership; you sign up now by logging into the Call for Reviewers page. Your time and expertise is invaluable and would be greatly appreciated!
After signing up as a reviewer, you will receive a reviewer notification email in late February with a link to your assigned abstracts and the Conflict of Interest form. You will have 2-3 weeks to review assigned abstracts starting March 7, 2016. We look forward to your contributions. Please contact Claudia Davidson for more information or if you have any further questions.